This is the perfect tour to learn more about the Jewish Roots in Lisbon, Portugal and also the Discoveries Period, the Golden Age of Portugal, who had once one of the biggest and longest world empires ever. Learn from our experienced local guide, the glory from the discoveries period, the navigators, and the kings and queens, back a thousand years ago to our days. You will get an experienced local driver-guide with your tour, providing you transportation and guiding around the major sights of Lisbon. The morning period will be focused in downtown and the Jewish sights of the city (Old Jewish Quarter, Jewish Memorial, etc) learning what happened after the big earthquake that destroyed all Lisbon downtown back in 1755, while the afternoon will be reserved to the discoveries period, allowing time to see the area of Belem, famous for the Belem Tower, Discoveries Monument and Jeronimo’s Monastery.
The Lisbon City Jewish Heritage and Portuguese Discoveries Historical Private Tour, will provide you an overview of the old Jewish Lisbon History, along with an historical visit to Lisbon downtown and the massive earthquake that destroyed Lisbon in 1755, followed by a visit to Belem, the flat area of Lisbon, famous during the discoveries period 500 years ago.
Although the itinerary can be adjusted during the day, to make shorter or longer stops, this is the standard itinerary:
During the day we will pass by different attractions and stop for pictures. Major visits inside attractions are not included on this tour, instead we will make shorter visits inside to maximize your time and see the most sights possible.
* Times on each stop may vary, depending on group pace and preferences, since all our tours are private.
* Admission fees and lunch/meals are not included.
Private Transportation with A/C Vehicle
English Speaking Tour Guide
Internet Wi-Fi Onboard (subject to availability)
Toll fees, Fuel and Parking costs
Full Insurance mandatory by law
Admission Fees for Attractions
Meals / Personal Expenses
Sintra Magik Private Tours has been awarded over the years for the top quality service offering their customers.
We work with a recent fleet of vehicles, that are operating everyday for your comfort. In case of need, we have other vehicles or different brands/models, including larger minibus and big bus as well. Please note that we can never guarantee any vehicle brand, type or model for any tours.
* We have a flexible worry-free cancellation policy for your comfort:
We know plans can change and we accept changes to the original booking for another day, if we have availability, without any extra charge
* Cancellation up to 20 days before tour date: 100% refund provided
* Cancellation up to 48h before tour date: 50% refund provided
* Cancellation less than 48h before tour date: No refund
* No show: no restitution / payment in full
* Tickets for Events or Attractions are non-refundable
* Special Tours created for groups are non-refundable after booking
* Airport transfers, Limousine tours, or Helicopter Tours are non-refundable after booking
Duration: Full-day (Aprox 7h)
(We accept less duration of the tours to fit your needs, adapting the itinerary accordingly – please let us know before/after booking)
Departure times:Daily at 9.00 AM, unless specified
Flexible start and end time for cruise ship passengers and airport pick-ups.
Departure point:You can add pick-up location during booking process. Pick-up at your hotel in Lisbon / cruise ship terminal and also Lisbon airport is available on request (35EUR).
Prices for 2019/2020:
Tour Language: This tour is available everyday in English. Other languages only per request (French,Spanish and Portuguese)
* This is a private tour and prepared for Full-Day (around 7h/8h), although, if you have shorter time, we can fit it to your needs
* Most of our tours are done using minivans for your comfort (more leg room). For larger groups we have available larger buses/motor coaches. Vehicle type, size, brand or color can never be guaranteed on our regular tours.
* Single travelers are accepted on all our private tours, paying two adult tickets.
* Pick-up and drop-off in Lisbon (Hotel, Airport, Cruise Terminal) is 35EUR total / Pick-up and drop-off at other locations please inquire. When pick-up is not added, meeting point will be at Sintra Train Station
* We advise to book this tour at least 48h in advance. For last minute bookings please call +351.30.880.4698
* Check in is recommended at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure time
* Prices, times and itineraries are subject to change without prior notice